Saturday, February 16, 2019

Black Truffle and Porcini Risotto

From Spice by Christine Manfield page 224


Slight correction to the recipe name. It was more of a 'Black Truffle and Swiss Brown Mushroom Risotto'. I didn't have a lot of luck finding the dried porcini - and my desire to cook and eat outweighed my desire to continue on my ingredient hunt - thus the substitution.

Mind you - compared to dried porcini - black truffles are much harder to find. Funny what you can get at Aldi from time to time though!


I also managed to get some truffle oil there as well. It looks pretty genuine with truffle slices in the bottom of the bottle.


Introducing my general list of ingredients...


This time the glass of wine went in the dish!

I couldn't find fresh tarragon at the time, so I substituted some of the dried herb. The flavour of the tarragon seemed to complement the flavour of the truffles. Yum!


Happy cooking!

No comments: