Monday, July 4, 2011

Man-cook vs Manfield

The Challenge
To cook all 187 of the main recipes from Christine Manfield's book 'Spice'.


The Reason
To learn as much as I can about her style of cooking and gain a better understanding of the use of spice.

The Timeframe
I'm keen to get it done but with a family and a job there's not point in adding extra pressure. There's especially no point if I end up with no family to cook for and no income to buy ingredients...

With 187 recipes if I do 1 a week and an extra one here and there it will take me about 3 years, so let's say June 30th 2014. Nothing quite like having a long term goal...

The Rules
  • I must cook all recipes and write about each in this blog.
  • I reserve the right to substitute ingredients to deal with seasonal issues, availability and expense.
  • I reserve the right to reduce the amount of chilli to make the dishes friendlier to those with a more sensitive palate.

The Recipes
I'll be creating an index of all 187 recipes on this blog to keep track of what I've cooked.

Are You Crazy?!?!?
Yes, yes I am.

1 comment:

Maureen Mac said...

Hey Underground cook, am following you now, am waiting for the blog on Sundays lunch.. yum yum