Friday, May 11, 2018

Baked Dough


An interesting one. I've been using my newly acquired pasta machine of late rather than the hand roller. A side effect of my pasta machine experiments has been the left-over pasta, which my youngest daughter has claimed for her own pasta experiments.

After squishing and re-rolling the pasta she's been rolling it into three long thick pieces, then platting and joining it into a circle. She decided to egg wash the dough and bake it in the oven.


Surprisingly (to me at least) it seems to work. It comes out looking very 'decorative'??? Maybe a mega-size pretzel without the salt? What I found surprising however was how edible it is. Not sweet, not quite savoury, but moreish nonetheless. It didn't have fluffiness or any air pockets as it doesn't use any raising agents. It did break apart without any problem and was easy to eat.


Thumbs up for baked dough!

No comments: